WHO WE ARE:
The Tobacco Prevention and Control Coalition working in Hidalgo County.
Our mission is to promote and advocate for a tobacco-free environment by empowering communities to affect individual and social change and promote compliance and support for enforcement of all tobacco laws.
Our vision is to prevent tobacco use among adolescents; increase tobacco cessation and eliminate exposure to second hand smoke.
- Prevent tobacco use among young people.
- Promote compliance and support adequate enforcement of federal, state, and local tobacco laws.
- Increase cessation among young people and adults.
- Eliminate exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Reduce tobacco use among populations with the highest burden of tobacco-related health disparities.
- Develop and maintain statewide capacity for comprehensive tobacco prevention and control.