704 W Sam Houston Blvd, Pharr. Free admission. (956) 781-6117.
A Winter Texan and Family- Friendly Event. International Festival -Free Admission, Parking, Children's Activities, Tours and Entertainment. This Fundraising Event Features the SALE of International foods, soups and ethnic baked goods, including the church’s famous homemade baklava, baked goods, spanikopita, stuffed grape leaves and much more.
* Russian Tea and Coffee Shoppe features Gourmet Russian Teas, Coffees & Cold Drinks, Plus Homemade Baked Goods.
* Greek Grill serving skewers of pork Souvlaki with Pita Bread and Tzatziki Sauce.
* International Specialty Food Booths include favorites from Greece, Lebanon, Mexico, Russia and Eastern Europe.
* Hot International Soups, Ready-to-Eat Refrigerated items and Frozen Take-Home Foods from around the world (Bring a Cooler!)
* Quality Local and International Arts and Crafts, Icons and Books, plus gift items will be available for purchase, as well as handmade St. George Soaps, toiletries, Monastery Made Beeswax Candles and gourmet St. George Magnificent Mustards, Homestyle Preserves and more.
* Free Children’s Christmas activities run throughout the day, including hands-on activities by St. Nicholas Children's Area, Petting Zoo,
* Free Church Tours, Icon Art & Theology Tours & Talks Throughout the Day.
* Free Entertainment Includes: Live Music, Eastern European Christmas Carols and Dancing scheduled throughout the entire day.
* Free Activities and Information Booths from Community Organization, including: Museum of South Texas History, International Museum of Arts & Sciences, Food Bank of RGV Community Gardens and Pharrmers Market, Texas Master Naturalists and More!
* Free Parking!!!
* The festival is also the annual “Give a Can; Get a Cookie” food drive for St. George Food Pantry. The food pantry has served over 95,000 hungry people since it began in 2004.
* Please bring donations of cash, canned goods, coats, blankets, children's clothing and toys and receive a free cookie as a thank you.